Thursday, May 03, 2007

A Question for You...

On one of the blogs I read, Iris had an ask me any question post, but then she got to ask us one back. So here's my question from her: Can you think of an event in your life that has completely shaped your life in a positive or negative way?
Oh were do I begin? I really could write a book. There have been so many events. I used to envy the people I met who had grown up in a loving home, whose lives seemed so normal. I wanted to claw the eyes out of the people who would say things like "all of these trials can be used as a witness later in your life." (I mean, seriously, how many examples does one person need?)
As I have aged (whatever, what that really means is in the last three months), I have come to realize that all of those 'events' (abuse, adoption, marriage, separation, children, etc.) really have made me into the person that I am... and I am pretty fond of that person. That person is loving, kind, transparent, and secure in the knowledge that although I have screwed up more times that I can count my God is a forgiving and loving God. It has taken me a long time to get there... but I do know that I am God's child and I can't wait to see what he has in store for me.

jess

Hope this answers your question well enough! :) It's hard to pick one specific event!

Did you know if your blog is black you shouldn't type your posts in black? Hmmm.... blonde moment!


No comments: