Thursday, August 10, 2006

My Friend

Just wanted to update you on my friend... she went back to the doctor today and although her numbers had increased, when they did the sonogram the sac was starting to separate and blood was pooling.. which means that a miscarriage is imminent.

I spoke with her this afternoon... she said that she and her husband prayed for a healthy baby... so she feels like this is God's will and she is ok.... she is still crying for her loss... but at peace.

Thanks for the prayers and kind words...

--jessica

7 comments:

Looney Mom™ said...

Oh wow! What courage. I'm so sorry for their loss.

Rebecca said...

We'll be praying for them. That's so sad. Was it their first miscarriage?

Anonymous said...

I will stilll be praying for them. Although Ive never gone through a miscarriage, I know it's hard. My cousin's wife lost their baby when she was 22 weeks along. It was very sad.

Anne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anne said...

As difficult as this is, I am thankful God has granted her some peace about it...it took me a long time to get there, and there are still days I struggle. I will pray for God's hand to be upon them, and that they are surrounded by friends and family who will love and support them by just being there...not feeling the need to give advice or say anything, just be there. She will forever be a mother to that precious child!

Jessica said...

Hey guys... thanks for the kind words and support... I will pass them on.

Rebecca asked if this was a first miscarriage... it is but apparently when she was prego with her first child she had a cyst that grew on her placenta, so her entire pregnancy was very emotional.... they were concerned at any time the cyst could cause the placenta to seperate. Anyway, her baby was born fine... but she just wanted a normal pregnancy this time around.

Rebecca said...

Man, I can't imagine that much tension for so long. It's going to be rough next time, after this. We'll certainly be praying.