Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Holy cow... what a day...

I figured I would post pictures of where we ended up after I could no longer handle the jump around place. Even the kids were toooooo hot to be there. It didn't help that Megs ripped out her earring and was having an emotional meltdown over the blood oozing from the hole that she has had all of 3 weeks. (Rest assured, we home cleaned them, and put the suckers back in...)

The pool was very relaxing and cool after the heat from the first venture of the day... and it would have been perfect except for the flying ants that were ALL OVER THE POOL! You could tell the manager wasn't there too, because the lifeguards/kids would get in, skim for about 3 seconds, hop out and call it good...meanwhile, my children were no so happy about the ants and even I was having a difficult time making myself want to hop in with the ants. I wish I had a picture of the suckers... they were scary looking. Bigger than fire ants, smaller than red ants, BIG WINGS! Anyway, we made it about 2 hrs and then we headed home.

These next pics are from my adventure this morning! We were taking my daughters friend home to Cleburne, as well as their refrigerator that we had borrowed when we moved into their house. I made it all the way up HWY 80 to I-20, pulled onto I-20, hadn't reached 45mph yet, and realized the fridge was FLYING THROUGH THE AIR! It hit the asphalt and went sliding towards the 18 wheeler that was behind me! Luckily, no one was injured and other than a few tires squealing, there were no accidents. A very nice good Samaritan stopped and helped me load the fridge back into the truck and I took it all back to Robert at work. So much for taking Charis back to her parents... the fridge was not that heavy when Robert and I loaded it this morning... pretty sure I did something to my back just now though... I have taken a muscle relaxer, anti-inflammatory, and am perched on the couch with a bag of frozen broccoli behind my back (the only frozen thing I could find to work)! Anyway, now I must find another fridge to give my friend to replace the one that had met it's demise!

All I can say is God is good, because it could have been soooo much worse, and holy cow! why does my life have to be soooo interesting?

3 comments:

Staci said...

Its so interesting so that you can entertain your friends! :-)

Jessica said...

Well, I didn't want to bore you after your trip to ITALY! Can I just say 'you suck' again? JK! I'm glad you made it home safely!

Shelley said...

OH my! That is scary. Will did the same thing with a brand new stove from Lowes once. Needless to say, he went back to Lowes, bought another stove, then drove back to H-town because I would have been more upset if he would have showed up with NO stove even though he had had a disaster:) Thank goodness for the pools in summer even if they are surrounded by ants or frogs or flies or mosquitos. It is too hot in TX not to LOVE the pool :)