Saturday, November 12, 2011

I want to matter..

Have you ever just wanted to matter enough to the people around you that they take action & make changes? Maybe it's selfish of me, but I'd REALLY like to matter enough to my family for them to do the things I ask!

I mean, my children know it causes me stress for them to live like pigs or to fight with each other, and yet each and every day I waste my words telling them to stop fighting and asking them to pick up after themselves!

I have asked my husband to quit smoking & yet each & everyday he runs to buy cigarettes. I get it...I really do...it's an addiction. The person has to WANT to quit. BUT..if I mattered enough, wouldn't he be able to quit?

My parents haven't spoken to me in 6 months. Wouldn't it be nice if they at least TRIED to have a relationship with their only daughter, instead of my ex husband & his new gf?

Sigh...I just want to matter enough...is that too much to ask?

(This blog is brought to you by an over abundance of female hormones in my house (Yeah for PMS!) and a sincere feeling of helplessness about the happenings around me!)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Jessica said...

And I know my kids & husband love me, I'm just feeling overwhelmed by it all!

Unknown said...

Honey, I know what you mean.

rosebud said...

No, the addiction (I promise) has absolutely nothing to do with you- that's a good thing, who'd want to bear that responsibility. Yes, you are right it is up to him alone to quit and to decide when . Any attempts you make on his behalf will fail, sorry but true.

Can't speak to the child thing- as I'm not a mom. But I never did what my mom wanted me to until she wasn't around to complain anymore. I moved out and the nagging was stuck in my head for the rest of my life. Your efforts there should be realized, but in due time, all in due time.