Oh my, what a week it has been. We have our choir program at church this weekend... so I have had rehearsal every night this week. I am singing a duet with Justin for this program. The song is "Come Home" and it means a lot to me that Bret choose me to sing it with Justin... the man has an amazing voice. I usually do not have difficulty learning songs... nor do I have difficulty singing my song... but Satan has gotten into my head and I am struggling with this one. I don't want to screw it up... I want to worship my Lord with the talent he gave me... and I want to sing the CORRECT harmony. So, I'm asking that ya'll pray for me this weekend... that all will go well... and that the people who need to be touched will be touched. Here are the lyrics for the song... for those of you that KNOW me... you'll understand why this song touches me so...
Have you hungered in the wilderness for a peace that your heart knew before? Have you wandered finding something less when inside you've been longing for more. If you remember how it used to be when you lived your life more abundantly... come home... come home.
If you're tired, and weary, come home. The Father is waiting to welcome his own, and you've been gone, so long. Come home.
You've been searching since you said good-bye, like a child with a lesson to learn. But there's mercy in your Father's eyes as He waits for the day you return. And it won't matter where your heart has been when He holds you close in His arms again... come home... come home.
If you're tired and weary, come home. The Father is waiting to welcome His own, and you've been gone so long.. come home... come home..
Oh why do you keep running from the one who loves you most, so far from where you know you want to be? Patiently He's waiting and He longs to hold you close...even now He's calling softly and tenderly; Come home...
come home... if you're tired and weary come home... the Father is waiting to welcome His own... and you've been gone so long... you've been gone so long.. Come home.
I would upload the song, if I were feeling so industrious, but frankly, I'm too tired to even try it.
Just to catch you up on some of the happenings in our life....
1. Megan got a lead part in the 3rd grade program and she is EXCITED.
2. Kali has decided that it is ok to lay in the floor and make a fool of herself... so, she's been in bed by 7pm every night this week.
3. I am officially done with school... not because I finished... but because I withdrew from the university. I decided I would rather quit than fail... and let's face it... I have entirely too much on my plate to even pretend that I can do it all.
4. On the marriage front, things are going... not always easy ... not always hard... just going... I would love to be all chipper here and say that things are going to be ok... that we will be one of the couples that make it... but I believe in honesty... so my silence will say more.
5. I will be done with my own classes (the ones I teach) as of next Wednesday... and I think I will refuse to get out of bed for at least 3 days.
I am positive there is more I can post... but I must clean the house so the housecleaner can come in the morning (since she reads my blog I figure she'll get a kick out of that one)! If you do not have a housecleaner... I recommend that every person invest the $$$$. It is sooo worth the money I pay Holly every week to clean my house. I come home on Friday afternoons and the house is amazingly clean... and that means I can sleep late on Saturday and I don't have to spend the day fighting with my family about why they should help. I think I would give up sonic cokes before I would give up Holly!
love and miss you guys... jessica
(P.S. Shelly, I will get pics posted this weekend...)