Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Summer...

It's been a while since I posted so I thought I would catch you up on my happenings since my conference. Maybe I'll break this up into a few posts so you don't get overwhelmed...

After I got back from my conference, I started to unpack with a vengeance. I got about half of the house unpacked and put away and realized that I couldn't unpack anymore... there was no where to put the stuff! I mean, we have 4 boxes of board games and no where to put them. Not to mention that our television had been sitting on the coffee table for the 2 wks since we had moved in! (BTW, it's not that we got rid of anything, our old house had tons of cabinet space... so everything had a drawer or a cabinet.) After much shopping, I lucked into a clearance of furniture at Wal-Mart! I bought 6 bookshelves for 49$ a piece! I did figure out when my friends came over to aid me in unpacking and decorating that I really only have enough books for maybe 2 bookshelves... but amazingly the girls managed to fill up 4 with books and decorations... I'll try to post a pic when I find my camera! (BTW, thanks to Amy and Karen who spent at least 8 hrs decorating my house for me... apparently God forgot to give me the girl gene that deals with decorating!)

Ok, guess I'll stop now... it is VBS week at church and I am the director, so I think a nap is in order before I head off to teach summer school! Hope everyone is doing well!
JW

No comments: