Friday, January 23, 2009

Regrets...

I have spent the last couple of days thinking about regrets. Can you pinpoint one decision that changed the rest of your life? Did you know immediately it was the wrong decision, or did it take a few years to figure it out? I made a decision, when I was 16 years old, that I regretted almost immediately, but as quickly as I figured out what I had done wrong, the opportunity to correct the decision was lost. Eventually, the pain associated with the decision lessened, but I don't think it ever really went away and I always wondered what could've been. Two days ago, I was reminded in a very big way that decisions we make when we are 16 can forever change the course of your life... and as I have watched my students over the last couple of days I want to stand on my desk and tell them to think before they act, because if I could undo that decision I would... In fact, I would give just about anything to reverse my actions, but it is impossible and the damage may never be reversed. I am hopeful, although it probably doesn't sound like it, that I am wrong... that things can begin anew after 16 years... the the wrong can be made right... but I will just have to keep you posted on that! Good night my friends... I hope that everyone finds their weekend to be restful... and their dreams to be answered!

No comments: