Thursday, February 19, 2009

Catching Up...

I swear, I have more posts with the title of 'Catching Up' or 'Update'... I need to get more creative! Anyway...

The last few weeks have been quite the challenge... my lack of posting was not for a lack of desire to post or even for lack of content, but instead, was from lack of freedom to post. You'll understand more in a minute...

Robert and I have decided to separate and begin the process of divorcing. It has been a little over two years since our first separation and it seems that we are right back to where we started two years ago... well, not exactly... less drama... but the same emotionally. The plan right now is for him to move into an apartment as soon as our income tax return comes in and we will share the children much like we did last time.

I have really struggled with posting this information, not because I don't want anyone to know, but instead because of the "helping words of advice" that people offer so freely. Since the decision was originally made, I have had my mental stability, my faith and salvation, my ability as a mother, and my sobriety questioned. Some of those questions came from my own mother. All that said, I appreciate your concern... I appreciate your prayers... but please know that we are not doing this lightly.

Our decision may seem like an impulsive decision to those who don't talk to me daily, but for those who have been in my house at all in the last 6 months, you know that this is what has to happen right now. Robert and I cannot live together in peace and harmony... we do not love each other the way a husband and wife should... nor do we respect each other. Since the decision was made to separate, we both feel like a huge weight has been lifted from our shoulders and are each excited (for our own reasons) about what the future holds.

No comments: