makes you think happy thoughts. I know this, because I have a teenager that is OBSESSED with Pint3rest. But, if I were to be honest, which I usually am, her continuous 'look at this' make me want to stab myself in the eyeball with a pencil.
It's not because she's looking at awful things either. She finds really awesome things on Pint3rest. The problem, for me, is that Pint3rest reminds me I suck at life. I mean, the recipes remind me I can't cook creatively & honestly, I probably wouldn't eat it if I made it & neither would my children (picky eaters). The crafty crap reminds me that I am somewhat lacking in the 'girl' skills required to be crafty. Last time I touched a glue gun, I burned myself. Pretty much every category causes me to have an 'I suck at life' reaction.
And let's talk about categories. What?!? Organization?! Who decides what goes in all of those categories? & how do I make my mind work like that?!??? I look at everyone else's boards & I'm always overwhelmed by the number of boards & the number of pins in each board. Can't I have one board where I put everything?? Why do I have to have multiple boards? As you can see, I have 5 boards:
1. Things my husband needs to make me---Code for these require tools I don't know how to use or attention to detail, which I do not do well.
2. My tummy wants these---Code for one of my friends that enjoys cooking needs to cook for me.
3. Fun hair---Code for oooo I wish I could, but I live in conservative hell & can't.
4. Things I might try---Code for & by me, I mean my child.
5. Things that make me laugh, cry, or think---Code for I will prob get in trouble for liking these.
Oy. Just posting those boards makes me want to run & throw up. I'm pretty sure a social media site shouldn't give me that reaction. Am I the only one that feels this way?!? Is there a cure?!? And if there's not, can one of you come sit & listen to my child's 'look at this' so I can quit wanting to stab my eyes out?
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone