Friday, April 04, 2008

Answers...

You know, I have found in life that sometimes the answers you need come along when you least expect them! For the past 2 yrs I have had extremely icky periods (sorry guys, this is going to be a girly post); I have also had some serious mood swings and behavior that I couldn't really explain. When I discussed it with my dr's they put me on anti-depressants and birth control... but that's about all the satisfaction I ever got! When I went for my 4 wk checkup today, my dr asked if I had "heard the pathology" before I left the hospital. Um, no I hadn't... in fact, it hadn't really dawned on me there would be pathology. Apparently, the people who get paid to look around at chopped up organs found an estrogen sensitive endometrial polyp and hyperplasia... not sure what that all means... but basically, I was on the road to endometrial cancer! This friendly little polyp was the cause of the nasty periods and because it was estrogen sensitive it was also the cause of my migraines during my period and even some of my mood issues. Had I not had the recurrent dysplasia, though, we might not have figured any of this out until I did indeed have cancer... so in a sense it is quite the blessing that the dysplasia returned! Amazing how God works sometimes... huh?

As for the rest of my crazy life... I decided at about 4am that I would not go on our church ladies retreat this weekend, nor am I going to go on our family ladies retreat next weekend. We simply have too much on our plates and I cannot handle it! It is better to stay home and be sane, than to go and try to relax and come back to complete chaos!

No comments: