Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Pressure is On....

I am an Instructor of Communication Studies at McM University... sounds so official, huh? Maybe it is a lack of confidence or something else, but I hear it come out of my mouth or see it in written form and think "really? I feel like such a fraud... how in the world did I make it here." Anyway, I have to do a presentation on Small Group Communication... in front of the entire faculty (or at least the ones that show up!). The presentation is slated to go for about an hour and a half... and I am completely stressing out. I am supposed to show what I have to the chair of my department (my boss) tomorrow... and guess what.... in true Jessica fashion... I haven't even begun. I mean, it is only 2 pm... I technically have 8 hrs before I go to bed.... that should be long enough to get it done right? Part of my procrastination is due to the fact that although I do not normally have communication apprehension... I am filled with it right now. I am one of the youngest faculty and one of the 9 new faculty for the year... what in the world are they doing asking me to present in front of all those professionals? OK... I should quit procrastinating... I should get started.... really... I should... get off the compt... really... ok... ok... I'm going...

--jessica

Update: 9:10pm... still haven't started my presentation...

2 comments:

Holly said...

True Jessica fashion usually means pulling off a beautiful job at the last minute. You'll do great.

Anonymous said...

LOL You sound like me. I am the queen of procrastination. Gosh, your presentation made MY stomach hurt. hehe Good luck! =)