Monday, March 12, 2007

Can I Move?

This weekend I headed to Dallas for a bit of R & R... which really means a bit of shopping and more shopping and fun places to eat! We even went to a comedy club! Fun stuff!
We got to eat at P.F. Chang's Saturday night... can I just say that the place is one of my favorites. If you are ever anywhere that has one you should check it out.... yum, yum! The food was awesome... but so was the service. After our server brought us our drinks and straws.. he came back and took the straw trash... now how many times have you had a server do that? I know, we a bunch of nerds, but it was nice to be served by a guy who actually acted like he wanted to be there!

I always enjoy myself when I go to the metroplex, and it is really difficult to make the drive home. I could soooo be a city girl... I mean, all the shopping and entertainment... all the people... even the traffic is fun to me. I wish that Abilene had more entertaining things to do. I mean, even though we have things like Macy's, Mervin's, Super Target, Kohl's, On The Border, and something else I can't remember headed our way... there doesn't seem to be any entertainment venues. I mean, not that shopping isn't great fun... but, if you want to go out on a Friday night your choices are limited to bars, movies, putt putt, bowling, skating, and occasionally a play or two... wish there was some way to make the powers that be understand that we need some fun stuff to do. Hmmm... wonder who you call for that...

Anywho.. it is spring break this week... let's hope I can come up with fun stuff to keep the kiddos occupied so they don't spend a week trying to kill each other. Any ideas?

jess

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Hey... Amy and I are meeting in Abilene this week. We are planning a trip to the zoo on Wed. morning if you want to meet up with us...Glad you had a good time in the CITY... Hey Abilene is the CITY for me and Amy. Maybe you should move to a REALLY small town to appreciate what you do have in Abilene. Love ya....

Melissa said...

"The Metroplex" as you call it is great! PF Changs is great - they just came to downtown Ft. Worth a couple years ago! I know we now have almost all of our family in Abilene, but there is NO WAY I'm moving there! I'll come visit them and they can come visit us! I couldn't give up all the "extras" we have - plus I'm not living that far away from my Mom! Glad you had a fun trip and hoped it made the weekend easier for your friend!

Anonymous said...

Gee whiz girl, if you're not happy with putt putt, bowling, bars, movies, shopping, and whatever else you mentioned, I don't know what will make you happy!! What else do you need? I love the small town life. I hate the city, well, it is fun for a short visit, but not to live. Yuck. The people aren't as friendly, and everyone is always in a rush! Ugh.

The Best Family said...

I gotta say that I love the city, but there are times when I miss the small town. We are in a smaller city called Pflugerville outside of Austin, and it is great for us. We do everything in Austin and it takes us about 15-20 minutes to get to school, church, mimi and pawpaw's, etc... I remember being in Abilene and saying that I needed to go to the "other side of town" (10 minutes)to the mall... Now, going to the "other side of town" takes at least an hour! YUKK!! And I am a huge fan of PF Changs! It is our date place. Have you tried PeiWei? It is a spin off PFChang's that is a little more fast food-ish, more affordable, but still yummy!
Good luck entertaining your girls for the week... it has been raining for days here... so even the wells ones are all cooped up inside! Yeah for Blockbuster!