Wednesday, April 04, 2007

What do I put in the eggs?

Can I just say how much this healthy eating stuff from the school district is driving me crazy? Kali brought home a note that the Clyde kindergarteners were going to hunt eggs on Thursday... and that we needed to send 2 dozen eggs to school... here's the kicker... the eggs could not have any food that didn't meet the dietary guidelines of the school. So... their suggestions were stickers, crackers, etc. Huh? went to Wal-Mart last night on the hunt for small packages of something healthy to put in her eggs... no success... so, now I'm the bad mom who sent candy in the eggs. I'm hoping no one checks... or they just dump the eggs in a bucket and no one knows they were Kali's. With my luck she won't get to hunt eggs or something... or she'll just come home with her own eggs full of sixlets. Uh oh... just had a thought... won't the chocolate melt? Hmmm... ok, so it was 10pm and I was tired... I really am going to get the bad mom award!

3 comments:

Anne said...

Will a package of fruit snacks fit into the eggs?

Jessica said...

Kali won't eat them so I didn;t even consider it! Oh well.. too late now...

Chris said...

Make them buy their own eggs next year! Or put Bible tracts in them. That will show them!