Sunday, November 11, 2007

ALyssa Update...

Alyssa came home today. She is doing extremely well. She hasn't needed any pains meds and she is eating the entire house. I guess we will see what the future holds from here for her.

We went to Primetime on Friday night. It was a lot of fun, but I made Megan drive her own go-cart and it turned into disaster. She didn't really want to be by herself in the go-cart, but I made her do it anyway... I really though her anxiety was just her being silly about new things. So, guess what happened... Some great teenage boys who weren't paying attention ran into her in the back and side causing her to spin out and hit the side. She has some great bruises on her neck and down her chest and keeps complaining that her chest hurts and she has a great scrap on her chin. I'm not sure what to do about it... I mean, how long is she going to be sore? Should I take her to the dr? Anyway, the most frustrating thing of it all is that the accident only furthers her anxiety about the world around her. She is the kid who thinks of every possible negative thing that could happen and then refuses to do whatever it is that she was going to do. Not to mention I am now the bad guy... I made her go by herself and the bad things she thought were going to happen did. This is where I would like to thank the boys who only considered themselves and the fun they wanted to have... next time could you perhaps be considerate of the kids who are driving around you???????

No comments: