Sunday, February 10, 2008

Vacation...

Have you every felt like you needed a vacation from your vacation? I had an awesome weekend with my friends at the lakehouse... I'm not even sure I can put it all into words. It is awesome to have a group of people that you can be brutally honest with and know that they are still going to love you. I have had one or two friends like that along that way, but never a group of people that I would trust with my life. I'll post pictures when they get emailed to me...

Although we didn't intend on shopping, we ended up at Northeast mall so that we could go bra searching. After trying on every bra type in Fredericks of Hollywood we ended up at Victoria Secret. Let's just say that although the bras are entirely tooooo expensive, I FINALLY found one that fit perfectly! This may seem like a small feat, but I have been searching and searching for the perfect bra since Target redesigned my favorite one about a year ago. Anyway, I am not so excited about the cost of each one... but if I had gone there in the beginning I might not have bought the 5 others that just went in the trash can! You would think that designers would try harder to design bras that actually fit the average woman... especially since there are so many of us! Maybe we should go on bra strike... um, nevermind...

I started Weight Watchers on Jan 7th and when I went in on Feb 7th I had lost 11.6 pounds. (I probably gained them all back this weekend!) It hasn't been all that difficult to stick to... there are lots of resources available and that helps! My goal is to lose 50 pounds before we go to Mexico in May... at this rate I might just do it! YEAH!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Good for you! That's a GREAT weight loss in a month! How is Robert doing on the program? Glad you had a good weekend with the girls. Sounds like heaven if you ask me!

Shelley said...

Way to go!!! Keep on with the WW. I hate bras, too. I am all about a reduction and then throwing all the bras away!!! Just think how much money we would save :)