Saturday, September 01, 2007

This week...

What a week it has been! We all started school on Monday and have lasted an entire week without much drama. Kali did get in trouble daily for talking, but Megan managed to make it a week without trouble. We were late to school twice due to Kali misplacing her backpack one day and a folder the next. Sometimes I just don't know what to do with that child. I mean, Megan was always so worried about getting in trouble at school that she rarely did things like that... Kali on the other hand, ugh!

I started teaching a dual-credit class at one of the high schools this week. I'm trying to not be gripey about it, but it is getting harder and harder to do. The school district wants the kids to take college level classes, but they want us to run them like high school classes with 3 wk and 6 wk reports. They also want us to average grades. I have a list of questions that no one seems to know the answers to or that no one is willing to answer and I have been called into my dean's office already this week because the AISD administrators are concerned about my friend and I teaching our classes. Come to find out what they are concerned about has nothing to do with anything that matters they just don't like that we are young and ask questions. Let's just say that I am not overly impressed with the decision making process at AISD right now.

Robert started classes this week too. We are excited about it, but I can tell it will be way different than when I was in school. I left him at home today so he could work on his homework without the noise from the kids. I'm trying not to be bitter about things like that, but do ya'll remember how many tears I cried due to the frustration of dealing with the kids and his demands all the while knowing how much work I had to get done? I guess the part that is even more frustrating to me is that he hasn't even realized how hard he made it on me to be in school. Oh well, I'll just keep praying that God will take away my frustration with all of this because I really do want Robert to succeed in school.

We start our new Sunday School class tomorrow. I am excited about moving out of the 20ish class into the 30ish class. The teachers in the other class are supposedly amazing and I am ready for that. I am ready to go to SS and learn as opposed to spending the entire hour frustrated. Tomorrow will be a little sad, though, as it is the first Sunday without our music minister. I know that God is in control and that if Bret is called to be at the church in Cleburne then there is a person who is being called to be at our church... but, gah, this stinks! I think I liked it better when I was a kid and was completely oblivious when ministers came and went.

I went through all my fave blogs tonight and caught up on the happenings of everyone. I've missed not being able to sit and read. Maybe having office hours that are required will give me time to do that... you know, instead of working on stuff I should be doing!!! haha!

Hope everyone has a blessed week!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Glad to hear you had a good week. It will only get better as the schedule gets "normal" again. That is what I keep telling myself. Hope Robert continues to do well in school? Is he working too? Keep your heads up... it may be a difficult few years, but it will be so worth it! Love yall...