Thursday, May 04, 2006

Adoption Day!

I have a court appearance in the morning... no I didn't get another ticket... my step-dad is adopting me. He has to get on the stand and testify that he will never disown me and that he will be responsible for me... does this mean I could move back home? Willy has been my dad since I was 8 yrs old...now I'm 30... this is just making official what has always been. The girls have always know him as granddad... but now he really will be.

For the last two weeks, my dad has been absolutely giddy about all of this... I am glad he is so excited. He even wants to send out announcements and he is planning some big party to celebrate. I keep joking with him that he is worse than a woman.

So here's the next question... Dad, can I have some money?

--Jessica

7 comments:

Tammy M. said...

That is very cool.

Sarah said...

That is truly precious. Happy being adopted day!

Rebecca said...

Awww. . . That is really really great.

Holly said...

So since your a leap year baby, and always miss you B-day. Could this be B-day #2?

Chris said...

That is cool. I did not know that you can adopt someone even after they are 18.

SuperMom said...

That is so incredibly sweet. You are so lucky to have such a great dad.

jjofar said...

what a great day!