Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Owwwwwwww

One of my friends received a free gym membership and asked if I was interested in going along. Being the good friend that I am... or glutton for punishment... I agreed to check into it! We have attended the body pump class twice now... and my body is hurting in places that I didn't know existed. How is it that the result of a one hour class is a body that is unable to move freely? My walk has turned into some robot looking movement as my upper thighs seem unable to stretch on their own. My arms can no longer fully extend without help... why do people pay for this feeling? Will it get better? Today my overachieving friend wants to do the spin class... if I don't post tomorrow you'll know I didn't survive.

--jessica

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ouch! I don't envy you. Luckly we have no gyms way up here. :)

jjofar said...

the second day is always the worst! it will get better! way to go...beware of the thigh ache after spinning!! drink lots of water and eat some bananas.

Sarah said...

Drinking water is a great suggestion! And, unfortunately, so is moving -- slowly and gently! Keep it up, don't do too much at one time, though!

LiteratureLover said...

Laughing. I know the pain you feel. I hope you survive! :)

Jessica said...

I just finished spin... I am sitting on the couch afraid to get up. Too bad my kids are too young to cook dinner... and telling me they are hungry. Can you say muscle relaxer?

Roxanne said...

Jessica,

Saw your question on SArah's blog. . .silver Fruit of the Spirit rings from Friendze are what my three of our teachers are getting (about $10 each) and the other two are getting Willow Tree figurines.

Speaking from experience, I always love receiving/find to be appreciated Chik Fil A, Sonic, or movie theater gift cards.

R--

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I've been there before, and it's not fun. =) Kudos to you for putting forth the effort & working out!