Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Tears...

Obviously I am the only one who thinks my children are funny (last post)...

When I was at Target earlier today, I bought Megan a couple of training bras... you know, the ones that look like sports bras. When she got in the car after school I handed them to her and she burst into tears. She asked me why it didn't have cups... in my oh so sensitive voice... I explained to her that she isn't quite there yet... more tears... and I don't mean little tears, I mean big tears streaming down the face. Her next words were "I want to be older!! I don't want to be 9!" Again, in my most sensitive voice I explained how that was impossible and that she was 9 and she was going to be treated like a 9 yr old and I don't really care what other people with older kids let their children do. She obviously didn't appreciate my answer as there were more tears. Why is it again that God felt like I needed two GIRLS????

jess

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SlowMo is going into 5th grade, will be 11 in Sept and is no where near ready for a bra! Thank You Jesus!! And so far she hasn't expressed any interest in wanting one! Whew!