Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Thorns...

A few weeks ago, while mowing the yard (which is one of my fave things to do, seriously, it is) I was attempting to mow under a bush and this big thorn stuck into my knuckle. I thought it just went in and came back out, but it actually left behind the tip. I went to the dr and was put on antibiotics and told that the situation was pretty serious. I then went back to the dr because it still hurt and was sent off to an orthopedic surgeon. The appt with the orthopedic surgeon was today, and as stupid as it sounds I am having surgery on Friday to remove a stinkin' thorn from my knuckle. This is one of those times that I want to say Really? The dr today told me that this was very serious, as I could lose my finger (I was joking about losing my finger and got a little lecture in return). When the injury first occurred Robert made fun of me and told me that I needed to "toughin' up," so I didn't go to the dr until about a week later. Guess there will be no laughing now as he has to wait on me all weekend. HAHAHA! I will say that my children are very sad about all of this, however, it has nothing to do with me actually being cut into but instead it has everything to do with the fact that the pool won't be happening for a few days! Can you feel the love?

I have another thorn causing me a problem, but he's a student. He has filed a grievance against me for being sexist and mean and cruel to him. I have responded to his claims, but I do not appreciate the fact that he has brought in my social life as a means to show what an awful teacher I am. I'm not sure what is going to happen, but keep all of this in your prayers, please.

jess

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a little behind on your blog! Yikes! Thorn in the knuckle? that can't feeel good! I'll be praying about the situation with the student.