Monday, October 22, 2007

It's cold outside...

Today is one of those days where it would have been nice to stay in bed! It's cold! The forecast for the week is a cool one... part of me is happy because I really hate to be sweaty... the other part of me is sad because I hate to shiver. Where is the happy medium?

I did get my house cleaned. Or at the least the part of the house that I was responsible for. Robert helped out a lot, and so that made a difference. The girls cleaned their end of the house, but it wasn't my kind-of clean... I'm learning to let go of that idea that it will be spotless... but it's hard!

Kali woke up Sunday with a low-grade fever so we stayed home from church. It is amazing how much you can get done if you do not leave your house for an entire day. We did 10 loads of laundry and got them all put away (miracle, huh, holly?). I cleaned out all of the closets... meaning I took out the stuff that was too small, too ugly, or otherwise not going to be worn and put it away for the next dittos... and got an idea of what all I need to purchase in order for my kiddos to be clothed this winter. I even cleaned and organized a couple of kitchen cabinets. If only I had one day a week that I could dedicate to getting on top of my house. Again, this is why I need a wife!

I called the dr this morning to make appointments for me, Megan, and Kali as we all have heads full of snot (ewwww... not one of my fave bodily fluids), but they had no available appts. Nice. The nurse did call me back, though, and she is just going to call me in some Z-packs... so maybe I'm glad there were no appointments... this way I only have to pay for the meds and not the 25$ copay for all 3 of us.

Hope everyone has a blessed day!

No comments: