Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!


I'm not sure why the pic is so small, but here's Halloween for us. Megan was a pirate again and Kali was a bride... or better yet the runaway bride since she had her camo tennis shoes on. We are all about recycling this year! Megan's costume cost way too much last year and so she knew she had to wear it again. Kali's dress is the flower girl dress from the wedding this summer and she had my vail from my own wedding. Our church had their fall festival tonight so we hung out at the church for a few hours and then headed home. We've already gone through our candy and weeded out the stuff we don't like so I have goodies to take to my students tomorrow. haha!
I leave Thursday afternoon for a walk to Emmaus. Please keep me in your prayers over the weekend. While I am very excited about this experience, there is still a part of me that is leary.... not of anything that is going to happen even though I have NO CLUE what happens while you are there, but because I am a firm believer that the only time Satan cares what a Christian is doing is when they are becoming closer to God... so by going on this walk I almost feel like I'm putting a target on my chest for Satan. I know that sounds a little morbid, but the times in my life that I have struggled the most and felt truly attacked are the times when I have been trying the hardest to be closest to God. Pray for my family too... Thursday-Sunday is a long time to be without a Mom in the house.
God bless and I hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll post again Monday!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Your Walk to Emmaus will be an amazing experience. Open your heart and God will speak so much to you over these next days! I LOVED my walk...it has been 2 1/2 years since I went!

Shelley said...

We will be thinking of you this weekend. I have heard the walks are awesome experiences! The girls look really cute! I am all for recycling costumes. :)