Sunday, March 19, 2006

It's Raining...It's Pooring...The Owls are Flying!

It has rained all weekend! I really wish it would stop...shhhh, don't tell anyone I said that! Abilene is once again behind in our rainfall total so everyone is town is praising the rain. Everyone except me! I would love it if it rained only at night and then absorbed into the ground before my children crawled out of bed. Instead, it has rained for three days and since we live in the country...on a dirt road...everywhere I look is muddy. Mud that my pets and my children want to touch and track into my house. EWWWW! Not to mention that normal tasks like getting into the car, going to Wal-Mart, or even going to church this morning were much more difficult because there was water everywhere. Oh well, this is Abilene and come the middle of summer when it is 100 degrees outside and I am whining that I would like rain...you can just remind me that I was the one who wanted it to stop raining!

On a lighter note, on the way home tonight...in the rain...in the dark...I noticed something coming towards my car. I couldn't make it out, at first, and then I realized that it was an owl and it was flying directly at my car. I hit the brakes and slowed down...and the owl barely missed me. Can you imagine how irritated I would have been if an owl had flown into my little red car? Not to mention, I really cannot afford another insurance claim. Then again, can the insurance company raise your rates if you file a claim because you were attacked by an owl?

--Jessica

No comments: