Monday, March 13, 2006

Owww!!!!

Our Saturday family outing included a birthday party at the local skating rink. I have never been one to go to the skating rink and just sit and watch the children skate, so this trip was no different. Robert and I put the girls' skates on and watched them for about five minutes...and then I had to go get a pair. I jokingly told Robert that I would skate until I fell and then I would be done...of course, thinking that there was no way that I was going to fall. Boy was I wrong! I did well for the first two hours...but on my last time around before "cake time" I turned the corner and landed on my behind. OWWWWW! No one saw...or at least no one that would pick on me about it...Robert, Windy, Chris, or my kids!!! I did, though, immediately take my skates off and tell everyone what had just happened. Since they didn't see me bounce...they couldn't raz me nearly as badly.

It has been two days since the fall at the rink...and my body hurts in places that I did not know existed! I would like to say that when I take the kids skating this week (no school--it's spring break!) that I will just sit and watch them skate....but I am sure that despite my sore bottom I will not be able to resist the call of the rink! Besides, who can resist skating to "girls just wanna have fun."

--Jessica

No comments: