All semester, my McM students have been begging me to hang out with them while they sing karaoke at Buffalo Wild Wings. So, last night after church choir practice I headed to BWW. Here are a few things that I learned from my evening out:
1. The later it gets the worse the singing gets. This might be due to the courage provided by the $2 Margaritas...but if you go to the restroom it makes it even worse, because you just hear the person singing and not the crowd.
2. If your skirt is only 5"long you really, really, really shouldn't sit on a bar stool to sing your song or visit with your friends. My mommy instinct wanted to sit some girls down and give a lecture.
3. People touch way to much. We sat at a corner table and everytime someone would walk by they would touch my back...I don't know if they were trying to find balance as they turned the corner but come on already...enough with the touching.
4. You shouldn't hug a guy you knew from high school (that you haven't seen since graduation) until you have introduced yourself to his fiance and informed her you are married with two kids. Hmmm....
5. It is always acceptable to sneak out of the building right before your name is called to sing...even if your students do call your cell phone and complain loudly about your cowardice.
I can say that I have gone, I have heard, and I will not be going back anytime soon! I can think of far better ways to hurt my ears! Not to mention, I don't think I could go again and get away with the quick exit!
PS. This spell checker has issues...for HMMMM this time I got Ammo!