Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Yes...He did it!

Yeah...Robert found a truck! It is the same green truck that I discussed earlier in a post...the person wasn't able to get it...so Robert swooped in and made it happen. He even talked them down on the price and got a free tool box in the deal!

It has been very difficult for me to sit idly by while he took care of this... mainly because I am a control freak. I have not been the patient and supporting wife that I should've been, but in the end he did a much better job at this than I ever would have. If left up to me, we would've signed our lives away on a $20,000 truck, because I just wanted it to be done. He on the other hand, did not want to spend more than $12,000 on the vehicle and was going to wait until he found just the right truck. This truck meets the requirements for our family: short bed (so I can drive it), 4 door (so the kids can get into it), and cheap (so my husband will sign the papers!).

I guess there are some lessons to be learned here: 1. God is good and will bless those who trust in him. 2. I am not always right and my way is not always best. and finally, 3. Other people are capable of doing good things if I will leave them alone. Am I missing any?

Anyway...Honey...Good Job!

--jessica

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm not very patient with things like that either. Glad we married men who are! :-)

janjanmom said...

GOOD FOR YOU GUYS!!! It is so hard to do the right thing when you have car fever!! Enjoy your four doors!! ( : I have enjoyed your blog, glad you found me so I could find you- we do have alot in common!

Roxanne said...

Sounds like, from your lists, that you and Robert both covered all your bases. . .

4 doors
short bed
cheap

God is good
we're not always right
Other people can do things too

Everybody's happy.

Glad you got a vehicle and avoided a bleeding ulcer.

Roxanne

Rebecca said...

Woo hoo! I also struggle with letting go of things. Stormy Omartian (Power of a Praying Wife) has a helpful little mantra-- "Shut up and pray!"